Auditions for Symphonic Chorus and Concert Choir
Please contact Dr. Jenny Bent by email or phone at 707-664-3925 if you have any questions or need assistance.
Audition days and times for Spring 2019
Wednesday, 1/23 9:30am-1pm
* Note for Vocal Performance and Vocal Music Education Majors: Your Vocal Repertory audition will count as your choir audition. An additional audition may be requested for singers being considered for Symphonic Chorus.
Audition sign-ups are located at the following link: https://calendly.com/jennyebent/chorus-auditions/01-22-2019
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to audition?
- New singers audition for SSU choral ensemble placement at the beginning of the semester and should sign up for an audition at the above link.
- All current singers re-audition at the beginning of the fall semester. However, one’s placement is reassessed by the conductor each semester, and singers may be placed in a different ensemble mid-year.
- If you sang in Concert Choir during the fall semester and wish to be considered for Symphonic Chorus in the spring, singers should sign up for a spring audition. (See note above if you are a Vocal Performance of Vocal Music Ed Major).
- Until the choir rosters have been finalized, keep both rehearsal time slots open in your schedule, especially if this course is a requirement for your major (Concert Choir MWF 12:05-12:55; Symphonic Chorus M 7:00-9:40).
What should I prepare for the audition?
Singers are asked to bring one prepared piece of his or her choosing, or may choose one of the three pieces available outside Dr. Bent’s door (GMC 2071). The piece should demonstrate tone, ability to match pitch, range, and intonation. A pianist will be provided, however, printed sheet music is not required.